We are proud to have been recognized on the list of SmartWay High Performer freight carrier list for carbon metrics! As a SmartWay High Performer for Carbon we consume less fuel for every mile we travel and for every ton of freight we move.
Fewer than 10 percent of all SmartWay carriers operate fleets efficient enough to make the SmartWay High Performer list for carbon emissions.
In the transportation and logistics industry, environmental sustainability is always a major issue. As an asset and non-asset-based company, we’re always looking for ways to improve efficiency, reduce emissions and produce a smaller carbon footprint. Working with SmartWay, we’re able to understand what qualifies as sustainable and take proper action. Our goal is to ultimately reduce our environmental impact by assessing factors that to climate change.
- Our consumption of 12.809 liters of fuel per 100 km, ranking us at 37 out of 1062 truck carriers
- Our average payload of 15.82 tons ranks us at 241 out of 1062
- Our annual average of 95,334 km per truck has ranked us at 394 out of 1062 on average kilometers per truck
- Out of 8.0% of total kilometers being empty kilometers, we rank 355 out of 1062 carriers in empty kilometer percentage
- Our 75% capacity utilization percentage ranks 108 out of 950 carriers
SmartWay partners submit efficiency and air quality performance data annually and based on these annual emissions reports, SmartWay High Performers are those whose efficiency and/or air quality performance falls within the top-ranked performance range.
SmartWay High performers are grouped in these categories:
- Truck carrier fleets, all metrics
- Truck carrier fleets – Carbon Metric
- Dray carrier fleets – PM and NOx Metrics
- Logistics providers
- Multi-modal carriers
This is an incredible achievement that could only have been possible if all areas of our team worked in sync; the trucking, dispatch and admin teams alongside customer relations and up to branch directors and management. We have been making consistent efforts both internally, within departments, and these have resulted in a strong decline in wasteful practices. We are consuming less fuel, filling up our trucks more, and being more efficient per kilometer, to get the products to clients. The upside of this effort is we are a cleaner, greener company that directly convert to gains for our customers and clients.